Engaging your PLN (Blog 5)

How would you create a PLN prior to engaging in a social media campaign on a topic of your choice?

I would take the following steps to build a PLN (personal learning network) before embarking on a social media campaign on a topic of my choosing. I would begin by determining my campaign’s target audience. This might be individuals or groups who are interested in the issue I’m working on. Once I’ve defined my target audience, I’ll select the proper social media sites to interact with them. For example, if my target audience is largely professionals, I might use LinkedIn, but if my target audience is more diversified, I might choose Twitter or Instagram. I would make a professional introduction on these social media networks. I would add details about my history and the aims of my campaign. I would also make it a point to state clearly what I intend to achieve via the campaign. To increase interest in my campaign, I would initiate conversations with members of my PLN. I may begin by commenting on interesting posts or articles, giving pertinent facts or ideas, and asking questions to create dialogue. As I interact with members of my PLN, I hope to form relationships and establish myself as a reputable and competent source on the issue at hand. I would provide relevant materials, suggestions, and insights to assist develop the discourse and build interest in my cause. Thus, building a PLN is a continual activity that demands regular work and participation. I would be able to develop interest in my campaign and position myself as a reputable and relevant source of information on the issue I’m concentrating on by creating connections, sharing expertise, and engaging in meaningful conversations with folks in my PLN.

« »